Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Candy Jar and Migraines

I started to write this post yesterday, however, the migraine I had just wouldn't let me finish.


This was my entry for the June Ambassador Challenge in the My Favorite Things Forum. The challenge was to stamp something clear: packaging, acetate, whatever we might find. In fact, it was the fastest challenge I've ever done: start to finish even while on migraine meds.


I stamped my images with memento tuxedo black ink and colored with koh-i-noor pencils and a prismacolor blender marker. This has become one of my new favorite techniques because of the smooth results I'm getting and how portable it is. After coloring, I stippled Stampin Up! pretty in pink dye in all around the image, punched it out using both the giga and jumbo giga scallop punches and then highlighted the chocolate chip layer with a white signo gel pen. After adding prima flowers I found on clearance at Michaels, some uber cool ribbon from MFT, I was ready to fill my candy jar.


Now how simple is that!!!! Maybe 10-15min flat! And even while on migraine meds too!





Stamps: MFT How Sweet It Is
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up Pretty In Pink
Accessories: Stipple Brush, Ribbon, Mini Glue Dots, Snickers, Primas, Koh-I-Noor Pencils, Prismacolor Blender Marker

No comments:

Post a Comment