Friday, June 19, 2009

Little Surfer Girl



Little surfer little one,
Made my heart come all undone
Do you love me, do you surfer girl
Surfer girl my little surfer girl


I have watched you on the shore
Standing by the oceans roar
Do you love me do you surfer girl
Surfer girl surfer girl

Anyone remember that song by the Beach Boys? Although I didn't grow up during the Beach Boys era, my mom played their songs a lot during my teen years so, I heard them quit a bit later on. Now my own kids get a healthy dose from time to time.

That's what I remember whenever I use this set from Lizzie Anne Designs. The surf board and hula girl when combined just start that song going through my head. This set is more of a two-step stamping set than just coloring although it can be used both ways. I stamped the flowers PTI berry sorbet and spring moss before stamping the outlines in pallet noir black. The hula girl & surf board were stamped in memento black and then colored with Stampin Up markers. Stampin Up! regal rose is stamped in the background and sponged around the edges of the cardstock.


Overall a very simple design and card to make.


Do you love me do you surfer girl
Surfer girl surfer girl........


Stamps: Lizzie Anne Designs Garden Isle

Cardstock: DCWV Textured, White

Ink: PTI Berry Sorbet, Spring Moss, Stampin Up! Regal Rose

Accessories: Stampin Up! Markers, Sponges

2 comments:

  1. love this Bonnie -- so feminine...and I love that song too... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's very cute! Now I'll have Beach Boys stuck in my head all night.

    ReplyDelete