Monday, June 29, 2009

Summer Stamp Star Design Challenge!!



Cornish Heritage Farms is have a five week, yes count them FIVE week, guest star design challenge. Each week there will be a $50 rubber stampin credit winner, with the stamper that participates in all five weeks being considered for a guest design spot for their September release. You can find all of the details here.

I decided for my first week's entry, coloring (my favorite technique) to use the Saturday Evening Post Pastoral Woman stamp that had just been begging to see some ink. I've had this stamp for awhile and just hadn't inked it up yet. So, I stamped it in memento tuxedo black ink on vanilla cardstock and then colored with prismacolor markers making sure my blending brought out plenty of lighter areas to resemble an "old" painting. After coloring the image, I then stippled Tim Holtz old paper and tea stain distress ink lightly over and on the sides of the image before distressing the actual sides of the image panel.

Wanting to keep the "old fashioned" lattice look that was behind the grape arbor, I pulled out a retired CHF lattice backgrounder and stamped that in Stampin Up elegant eggplant on the same cardstock. After adding some vintage looking lace, I then stacked some primas in co-ordinating colors and added a purple gem sticker, some brads on the pastoral panel with dimensionals and finally the card, or painting, is done.

Will you try the Summer Stamp Star Design Challenge? I did.


Stamps: CHF Pastoral Woman, Lattice Backgrounder (retired)
Cardstock: Stampin Up! Elegant Eggplant, Vanilla, Old Olive, Kraft
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Elegant Eggplant, Tim Holtz Tea Stain & Old Paper Distress Inks
Accessories: Dimensionals, Brads, Stipple Brushes, Prismacolor Markers, Lace Ribbon

2 comments: