Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My Favorite Challenge Week 5 - Traveling


Have you ever wanted to just travel the world and be totally free to do so? Ahhh, the life of our jet-setting Who's That Girl this week. Only one small problem for her. She has the map backwards according to my husband. Smileys

This week's My Favorite Challenge is paper piecing. Now, it's well known amongst my family that this is not not of my favorite techniques. However, I am getting better at liking it. So I pulled out my box of designer scraps and stamped Who's That Girl and the stacked suitcases on the scraps. Once the dress, stickered suitcase and stacked suitcases were cut out, I colored the rest of my image with prismacolor markers. Once that was done, I then pulled out my Making Memories traveling designer paper I've had for a while and my Making Memories traveling accessories so it would all match up. The ribbon is from my scraps I've had for a long while.

Here's a close up of the paper pieced main image.

If you haven't joined any of the My Favorite Challenges, you should. They're all about fun, and getting to know more about the Design Team, and other stampers that hang out in the challenge and chat thread.

Stamps: MFT Going Places

Cardstock: Stampin Up! Vanilla, Creamy Caramel, Making Memories

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Mini Glue Dots, Ribbons, Making Memories Traveling Accessories Pack

2 comments:

  1. This is adorable! Love the fun stamp and the fun embellishments you added!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ♥ paper piecing! You did a great job with it.

    ReplyDelete