Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

I would like to take a moment to wish all of the fathers out there a Happy Father's Day!

I've attached the cards I sent to my dad and my step-dad for Father's Day. Both cards were made using Papertrey Ink's Pond Life stamp set.

This set is so versatile. I stamped the "rock" using the turtles shell twice in Stampin Up's basic gray dye ink and cut one out to pop up later with dimensionals. The mallard duck was stamped in PTI's new leaf ink and the duck's wing in Stampin Up's bravo burgundy, then cut the duck out and popped up on all night media pop dots. The reeds and cattail were stamped in PTI new leaf, ocean tides & dark chocolate. I then stippled Stampin Up's soft sky around the top to fill in the white areas and Stampin Up bashful blue for water at the bottom before layering. Although the pictures do not show it very well, the center strip of cardstock is Stampin Up's creamy caramel.




Since my step-dad is a practical joker, I included the frog from PTI's Pond Life his card.



To all the father's out there, enjoy your day.

Stamps: Papertrey Ink Pond Life
Ink: PTI New Leaf, Ocean Tides, Dark Chocolate, Spring Rain, Stampin Up! Bravo Burgundy, Bashful Blue, Soft Sky, Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock: PTI Ocean Tides, White, Stampin Up! Creamy Caramel, Bravo Burgundy
Accessories: Stipple Brushes, Dimensionals, All Night Media Pop Dots

3 comments:

  1. I love this card!!! I wasn't crazy about this set, but now I'm rethinking that!!! Great Job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous Father's Day cards, Bonnie. I love how you used the turtle's shell for the rock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are awesome Bonnie! How clever to use the shell for the rock.

    ReplyDelete