Thursday, June 25, 2009

June Blog Hop!

Oh my goodness, it's time for another blog hop again.

Welcome to my humble blog. This months summer theme is right up my "alley". I love lazy summer days at the beach, just listening to the ocean waves as they crash on the sand, and the wind whistling through my hair, the feel of the sand between my toes.

With this in mind I decided to use as my inspiration the beach, or the ocean. To be more specific, Pacific Grove, California and Monterey, California. I pulled out some pictures my grandfather had taken of the ocean, and the beach, on the famous 17mile drive between Pacific Grove and Carmel-by-the-sea. Recognize the Lone Cypress? It's one of the most photographed trees in California.


I was so inspired by these photographs, that I was able to come up with the following card. Using several different sets, I was able to mimic the tide pools I remember going to with my grandpa while growing up, and bring in the flowers from the upper picture. The rocks were created by using the turtle shell from Pond Life, and the tide pool ripples are from the same set. The flowers are from Forest Friends, sailboat from Men of Life, and sayings from Life.




I hope you enjoyed your trip to my blog and received a little inspiration.


Stamps: Life, Pond Life, Men of Life, Forest Friends

Ink: Raspberry Fizz, Hibiscus, Berry Sorbet, Spring Rain, Melon Berry, Ocean Tides

Cardstock: MFT Perfect Panels, Ocean Tides, Kraft SU Night Of Navy

Accessories: Pop Dots, Gem Stickers (Micheals)

29 comments:

  1. I like the paper pieced sails you made and the flowers, looks like a lot of work, but well worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! I am in awe at the scenes people are creating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been there! There really are some of the most amazing vistas. I love how you used it in your card with the ocean and mountain themes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL! Your card and the photos!!!
    Have a GREAT night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a creative design from your photos! love the bright flowers, the swirling ocean and paper pieced boat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful photos! ... and great card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card! Your grandfather's pictures are wonderful also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super fun card. Love the dimension you created on the card. Super job with the fun summer challenge. Thanks for the great eye candy.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is SO clever! Love how used all your stamps sets to build the scene on your card! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A truly inspired piece; it's just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very creative and original use of an inspiration piece--great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is so original! I love the tropical feel you've created.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun card~it looks like LOTS of work~thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Bonnie :) Lots of love and care went into this I can see...beautifully done friend, beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your photos are beautiful. Nice job on the card too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful interpretation of your inspiration photo.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card - such a relaxing feel!

    ReplyDelete
  18. clever, clever! this turned out super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! So cute! Turtle shells?! Who woulda thought - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those photos are beautiful and I love the card you made inspired by them!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is a beautiful stretch of Pacific coastline -- an easy place to be inspired by! You put a lot of thought into your card and it shows.

    ReplyDelete