Saturday, June 2, 2012

Lemon Branches & Butterfly

Second post for me today.  If you're looking for my Play Date Cafe and Just Inspirational challenge post, please scroll down one post. 

This week's 4 Crafty Chicks challenge is all about branching out - basically using anything with branches.  Here in the Central Valley it's fruit picking season so I went with the idea of lemon branches.  Also this week's Crazy 4 Challenges blog challenge is all about butterflies - no problem there since I have lots of butterfly images.  So even though my migraine was bothering me again, I got to work stamping since it was either stamp or cry.

After stamping my images from Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Company Pucker Up and I'd Pick You mini stamp sets onto snow storm smooth card stock and colored with prismacolor markers before stippling Tim Holtz tumbled glass distress ink around them for the sky before layering.  Then taking my extra images, I cut them out and added them to the main panel allowing parts of the lemon and butterfly to extend off the layered panel before adding some small pale yellow prima flowers with gold ice stickle centers.  The only other embellishments I added were some faux brads made from scrap spring leaf card stock and purple & black ice stickles to the butterfly.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: MFP Pucker Up, I'd Pick You Mini
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Green Galore, Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass
Card Stock: All MFP
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Stipple Brushes, Primas, Glue Dots, Ice Stickles, Small Hole Punch, MS 2-Way Glue Pen

3 comments:

  1. Love the lemon branches and the butterfly is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful creations! Love your idea of lemon branches. Love the colors you used. Thanks for sharing them with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete