Monday, June 18, 2012

Hot Summer Flamingos - Friends of SpeedyTV Challenge #25

Hello again.  Second post for me today.  If you're looking for my YNS challenge card, please scroll down one post.

I'm late uploading for this week's Friends of SpeedyTV by Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Company.  Since summer is starting this week, the FOSTV are challenging you to created a summer themed card.  Since my daughter kept talking about someday wanting to visit Disney World© in Florida, I chose to pull out the Flamingos On Vacation and make a summer themed card inspired by her dream to visit Florida someday.

I started out by stamping my images in memento tuxedo black ink onto MFP snow storm smooth card stock and colored with prismacolor markers before stamping just the palms two more times in memento bamboo leaves and cottage ivy onto scrap snow storm smooth to cut out and pop up later.  Once all of my main image stamping & coloring were finished, I stamped the polka dot ribbon in Stampin Up! pixie pink diagonally onto the card to create my own background before lightly stippling Tim Holtz tumbled glass ink around my beach scene, layered and added some white Making Memories baby brads.  The only other embellishments were some white silk bridal flowers I found on clearance at Wal-Mart last year with hot pink gem centers.  The final touch was 4 small "coconuts" punched from scrap brown card stock using a small hand held hole punch and 2-way glue pen.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day and don't forget about the blog hop that starts tonight at 12:00am EST on the Mark's Finest Papers blog.

Stamps: MFP Flamingos On Vacation
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Bamboo Leaves, Cottage Ivy, Stampin Up! Pixie Pink
Card Stock: MFP Snow Storm Smooth, Stampin Up! Pixie Pink, Black, Brown Scrap
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Glue Dots, Stipple Brush, Gem Stickers, Making Memories Baby Brads, Small Hole Punch, Martha Stewart 2-Way Glue Pen, Silk Flowers

8 comments:

  1. This is awesome! And so summery. It made me wanna sit on the beach and drink a margarita!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card for FOSTV Summer Challenge. Love how you created the BG Paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really fun! I think it captures the weather and spirit of Florida well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute card! Love the Palm Tree!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Florida - right I am on my way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun and fantastic card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the flowers. I don't know why since I'm not normally a floral person. I think they remind me of the flowers from Hawaii - totally summery! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bonnie, Gorgeous card. So bright and sunny. Great summer card.

    ReplyDelete