Saturday, June 2, 2012

Flap Your Wings



Hello and welcome to the weekend!!  Today I am sharing a card I made for a few challenges since they all just fit together nicely.  Once I saw this week's Play Date Cafe and Just Inspirational color challenges, I knew I had to pair them both with the new Crazy 4 Challenges butterfly challenge.  The colors all just screamed flowers and butterflies.  So I pulled out two of my favorite Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Company sets, Hello Butterflies and Mother's Magnolia, and got to work stamping, even with a nasty migraine (thank goodness the meds were working).

I started out by stamping my flower images in memento tuxedo black onto snow storm smooth card stock, then colored with prismacolor markers before stamping one butterfly directly above the magnolia's and the rest onto scrap snow storm smooth card stock before coloring, then cutting out to pop up later.  Now I just had to have some sort of sky behind my butterflies, so I cheated a bit on the colors and added just a stipple or two of bashful blue to barely color the background before stamping my saying. 

Once I had all of my layering finished, I then added the cut out butterflies by popping them up on dimensionals, then pinching the wings up a bit for some added dimension.  My only embellishments is some crystal ice stickles highlighting parts of the butterfly wings and some ripened tomato satin ribbon tied into a knot.

Challenges submitted:

Crazy 4 Challenges - Butterflies

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great weekend.

Stamps: MFP Hello Butterflies, Mother's Magnolia
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Bashful Blue
Card Stock: MFP Snow Storm Smooth, Stampin Up! Pure Poppy, Summer Sun, Pink Pirouette
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Ice Stickles, Stipple Brush, Dimensionals, Soft Subtles Brads

5 comments:

  1. Your card is lovely. I really like the butterflies and the vibrant colors. Thanks for joining in at Just Inspirational Challenges. xx Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHH! I love that ribbon and those beautiful butterflies! LOVE the glitter touches on their wings;) THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you made a beauty here with gorgeous butterflies and colors...thanks for playing with the Crazies, my friend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card Bonnie..gorgeous images and great combination of the colours

    ReplyDelete