Thursday, June 7, 2012

Celebrate!

Hello and welcome to the first Your Next Stamp challenge hosted by my buddy KJ.  This week's challenge is a color one: pink, orange and green, so I went with a celebration theme and pulled out my Celebrate set I won from the Hope You Can Cling To challenges over on Splitcoast back in October and got to work even with a migraine.

I started out by stamping my pinata onto white card stock in memento tuxedo black and colored with prismacolor markers before cutting one pinata out and setting aside to pop up later.  Then I stamped the banner in memento black and also in Stampin Up! pixie pink onto scrap card stock so I could color the open "flags" and cut/paste the solid ones.  After that I stamped the streamers in only orange before stamping the card in green galore and adding a scalloped border.  The only embellishments I added were ribbon, balloon brads, and primas with baby brad centers.

Also made the card for this week's SCS WT378 banner challenge.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: YNS Celebrate
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Green Galore, Pixie Pink, Only Orange
Card Stock: White, Green Galore, Pixie Pink, Only Orange
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Brads, Primas, Pop Dots, Ribbon, MFT Die-Namic, Stipple Brush

4 comments:

  1. I saw this adorable card on SCS and it prompted me to check out your blog. I just love this card. It's so bright and cheery. I would love to maybe find it but I'm not sure what YNS is to Google it to look it up. If you have time to pm me on SCS I would really appreciate it. I am Sillyfilly on there.
    It's nice to put a face with a name. I see your cards on SCS and you are so talented.
    I loved the information you wrote about your Mom. My Mom passed away 4 years ago and I miss her terribly. I also have gotten my love of crafting from my Mom. She never stamped but would have loved it. She had Alzheimers so I never got to share it with her but I got to make her many cards. Ok now that I shared my life story with you I just want to say. Great card!
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute love it TFS!
    melissastampingvoila.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute Bonnie!! Thanks so much for joining our YNS challenge!

    Crafty Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling card, Bonnie. So festive.. love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete