Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Happy Birthday Cupcake

Hello and welcome.  Today is a special day since it's Taylor's from Taylored Expressions 30th birthday!!!  Can you say Happy Birthday Taylor!!!!!  A few weeks ago, everyone that receives the TE newsletter received a special one from Jon (Taylor's husband) asking us to make a very special birthday card and mail it in time to arrive between June 7th-12th to surprise Taylor.  Here's my card I mailed off to Taylor.  I hope she likes it.  I was dealing with some major migraines at the time I made this but didn't want to miss Taylor's special day.

I started out by stamping my images from Cozy Cottages and CreativiTEA in memento tuxedo black onto MFP snow storm white card stock and colored with prismacolor markers before cutting one image out to pop up later.  Then I stippled Stampin Up! bashful blue & sage shadow inks around the edges of one cottage, layered, and added some faux rose red brads before popping up over a TCP die cut heart border.  Then I popped up the main image panel over the border before popping up the additional cupcake cottage and adding ice stickles to highlight the frosting and hearts. 

Once that was done, I took the second set of images, cut out the flower and saying, popped them up over the border and added some Michael's olive bridal confetti flowers as leaves before adding some layered rose confetti flowers with gold sticker centers as the only embellishment.  With the addition of some luscious chocolate satin ribbon from Stampin Up! my card was finished and ready to mail off.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Make sure to stop by Taylor's blog and wish her Happy Birthday today.

Stamps: TE Cozy Cottages, CreativiTEA
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Bashful Flue, Pallet Burnt Umber, Adirondak Espresso
Card Stock: MFP Snow Storm Smooth, Basic Gray Sweet Threads Designer Papers, Stampin Up! Chocolate Chip, Rose Red, Pretty In Pink Card Stock
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Michael's Bridal Confetti Flowers, Glue Dots, Pop Dots, Ice Stickles, Gold Stickers

No comments:

Post a Comment