Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Fabulous Fifties

 I recently found a challenge blog focusing on clean and simple (CAS) cards called CAS-ual Fridays and haven't had a chance to participate in any of the challenges yet.  Well, today, I finally got a chance to with my version of a clean and simple card. This week's CAS-ual Friday challenge was to use bling on our cards so that's no problem for me at all.  The hard part was keeping the card fairly clean and fairly simple.
I started out by printing off some images onto white card stock I had on my computer from Pink Cat Studio called Retro 50's before coloring with prismacolor markers and lightly stippling SU pretty in pink around them.  Then once my layering was finished, I added silver brads, ribbon, and bling onto the glasses and then the dots for the "i's" in the saying before adding to my card.
This is fairly simple for me.  Usually I would add a few more things, like primas, more bling, and pop up an image or two, but I didn't here.  Here's a close up of the glasses.
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.


Stamps: Pink Cat Studio Retro 50's
Ink: Stampin Up! Pretty In Pink
Card Stock: White, Stampin Up! Pretty In Pink, Basic Gray, Burgundy, DCWV Matte Stack
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Bling, Silver Brads, Glue Dots, Ribbon

3 comments:

  1. very cute love this TFS!
    melissastampingvoila.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool card:)!! Love the glasses(reminds me of the first pair I had...in the 60's...lol!) and how you blinged them! Thanks for sharing your creativity this week with us at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is this?!! Gotta LOVE those adorable 50's retro glasses, especially the bling! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays - we're so glad that you did!!

    ReplyDelete