Monday, January 2, 2012

Time For Tea - Friends of SpeedyTV Challenge #14


Hello and Happy New Year!!!  Welcome to the first Friends of SpeedyTV challenge of 2012 by Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Company.  Our challenge this week is to make a gate fold card.  I've never made one of these so this was definitely a challenge for me until I figured it out.

For my card, I pulled out Mark's Finest Papers Floral Tea stamp set.  After stamping my images in memento tuxedo black onto white card stock, I pulled out my prismacolor markers and got to coloring.  Once my coloring was done, I pulled out my Spellbinders scalloped circle nesties and die cut three layers to place in the center over the panels opening and then sponged some Stampin Up! sage shadow dye ink around two of the layers and the card for some extra color.  Cutting out my teacup and adding some ice stickles were all the final touches I needed to this simple card.  Took a total of 30min to make including die cutting with the nesties.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day and join us this week for the Friends of SpeedyTV's first 2012 challenge.


Stamps: MFP Floral Tea
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Sage Shadow
Card Stock: White, Stampin Up! Sage Shadow, Making Memories English Garden Designer Paper
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Big Shot, Spellbinders Scallop Circle Nesties, Ice Sticles, Sponge

2 comments:

  1. You must be a fast worker - I couldn't pull that off in 30 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and flowery. I don't have that set but think maybe I should get it. Aren't gatefolds just the easiest to make...and quick.
    Have a wonderful, healthy, happy new year.

    ReplyDelete