Monday, January 9, 2012

With Our Thanks - Friends Of SpeedyTV 2012 Challenge #2

Hello.  Short post today thanks to another migraine.  Welcome to another Monday and to another Friends of SpeedyTV challenge by Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Company.  This week we are challenging you to make a thank you card.  With the holidays over, we all have a lot of people we need to send thank yous to.

For my card this week, I chose to ink one of my favorite sets A Trip To Lancaster.  This set is so versatile and can be used for birthday's, thanks, just because, well just about anything that strikes your fancy when paired with a sentiment from another set as well. 

After stamping my image in memento tuxedo black onto Mark's Finest Papers Snow Storm Smooth premium paper, I pulled out my koh-i-noor pencils and blender marker and got to coloring before stippling Stampin Up! bashful blue ink around the image for the sky.  This image looks fantastic colored with just pencils instead of markers because to me pencils give more of a rustic, or even a painted, feel.  After adding some vintage brads and my sentiment from A Walk In The Woods, my card was done with a clean and simple look along with a rustic feel to it.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day and I hope you'll join us this week for our challenge over at SpeedyTV.


Stamps: MFP A Trip To Lancaster, A Walk In The Woods
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Bashful Blue
Card Stock: MFP Snow Storm Smooth, Stampin Up! Tangerine Tango, More Mustard, Wild Wasabi, K&Company Designer Paper
Accessories: Koh-I-Noor Pencils, Prismacolor Blender Marker, Vintage Brads, Stipple Brush

5 comments:

  1. Your barn scene is colored so nicely and matched up with some great designer paper!! I hope you get rid of that migraine soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super, rustic card. Good job with the pencils. Haven't used pencils in a long time and have yet to do my card for next week. Kind of worked around doing it. Guess I'm down to the wire and need to get on it. Ha
    Sorry about your migraine. I'm off this afternoon to the ent with some terrible sinus problems. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out beautiful! Your scene is magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love how you framed the image...really stands out

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the DP you used with this image. The pattern seems like it's country, maybe something you would find on the walls of an old house. Great card for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete