Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I Want To Hold Your Hand - TCP Tuesday 191 & 192


Hello and welcome to Wednesday and knowing that your week is half over.

Double challenge here!!!  How's that for multi-tasking??  I was able to get both the TCPTUES inspiration and embossing challenges with the same card by using one of my favorite TCP sets Idols.  Now who do these little guys remind you of?  They are so much like the Beatles (I know I added an extra singer) that I just had to buy the set when first I saw it. 


For the inspiration part, I chose to go with the hearts in the photos and pulled out my cuttlebug heart blocks embossing folder to use for the embossing challenge since I refuse to use my heat gun as much as I can. 

After I stamped all of my images on Mark's Finest Papers snowstorm smooth white premium paper in memento tuxedo black, I pulled out my prismacolor markers and colored the open images; blending as needed.  For the cymbal, I pulled out my metallic crayola pencils to use the gold pencil on that part.  After I was done cutting some of the images, and hair, out, I pulled out some pop dots to add a little dimension to the "stage" before adding some musical note brads I had found at Michael's a few months back.  Some ribbon tied in a knot at the top is the only other embellishment I added to my card.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Hop on over to Alma's blog for all of the deets about this week's challenge and the opportunity to be next month's Swanky Stamper!!  Have a great day.


Stamps: TCP Idols
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Card Stock: MFP Snowstorm Smooth, Stampin Up! Real Red
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Cuttlebug Heart Blocks Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Musical Note Brads, Pop Dots, Ribbon

4 comments:

  1. This is awesome! It's exactly what I envisioned when I designed the set. You are good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How FUN! I love your cute little rock band! The embossing is perfect for the theme too - great job! :)

    ReplyDelete