Monday, May 15, 2017

The Eyes Of A Wolf


Hello and welcome to a new week.  I haven't been sleeping well the past few days thanks to pain, so I figured I'll try and take my mind off the pain and stamp something that doesn't require coloring.

I pulled out one of my favorite Stampin Up! sets, Wolf,  (long retired too) and try working with that.  I started out by taking the border stamp from the set and create my own background onto the card itself.  After finishing the background, I stamped the main image in Colorbox charcoal ink then lightly stippled basic grey and espresso ink over and around it before layering.  The only embellishment I added were black baby brads.  Once all of that was done, it was adhered using glue dots.  The sentiment is stamped out onto vanilla card stock scraps then punched out using an oval punch.  Once that was done, I lightly stippled basic grey ink around the saying before layering onto an oval layer.  I'm really happy with how this turned out especially with my lack of sleep.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

Outlawz Saturday Paper Ala Mode - Masculine cards

Pammies Inky Pinkies #1720-  Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.


Stamps: Stampin Up!
Ink: Stampin Up! Basic Grey, Colorbox Charcoal Chalk, Adirondack Espresso
Card Stock: Stampin Up!
Accessories: Making Memories Baby Brads, Stampin Up! Oval Punches, Glue Dots, Stipple Brushes

2 comments:

  1. Hello old stampin' friend. Sorry you are struggling with the pain. I hope that you get some relief and that you are able to sleep. That is so tough. I love how your wolf card looks. Those eyes have a haunting look don't they?
    I hope you have a blessed day. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at PIP challenge.

    ReplyDelete