Thursday, May 11, 2017

A Mother's Love


Third post for me today.  If you are looking for my Shopping Our Stash card, please scroll down one.  For my Twisted Thursday card, please scroll down two posts.  Thanks.

For this month's Great Impressions challenge, the theme was "Feminine" (Birthday, Mother's Day, Friendship, etc).  I chose to go with the Mother's Day theme even though Mother's Day is a bit painful for me. I lost my mother in law last year on Mother's Day, and my own mother passed away from cancer one week after Mother's Day in 1991.  I am grateful for the two kids I do have, but am missing my own mother so much right now as well as my mother in law.  However, I digress.

For my challenge card, I pulled out two long retired Stampin Up sets to work with.  After stamping the lace gloves from the A Mother's Hand twice onto scrap vanilla card stock and cutting out, I stamped a background onto a vanilla panel using Antique Collectibles before sponging and spritzing rose ink around and over it then layering.  After adding some pink baby brads, I then adhered the lace gloves using glue dots before adding my saying, a heart charm, and pearl bling.  The last step was stamping my card, adhering the glove panels, and then sponging rose ink around everything.  I'm really happy with how this turned out.

I would also like to enter this into the following challenges:

Pammie's Inky Pinkies 1719

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day and a great Mother's Day.

Stamps: Stampin Up! Antique Collectibles, A Mother's Hand
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up Blushing Bride and Regal Rose Dye Inks
Card Stock: Stampin Up!
Accessories: Sponges, Color Spritzer Tool, Heart Charm, Glue Dots, Brads, Pearl Bling

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card. I like the glove stamps with the pearls. Perfect for the Feminine Challenge at Great Impressions Stamps. Thanks for playing. Hugs, Debi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous project! I absolutely love those glove, and your design with such a beautiful sentiment! Thank you for joining our Feminine Challenge at Great Impressions this month.
    Ruza
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete