Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Run For The Roses


Ok, second post for me today.  To see my Twisted Thursday post, please scroll down one.  Thanks.

Another card to share this time for the Festive Fridays challenge over at the Outlawz.  I decided to use Kentucky Derby Hat Lady from Angel's Hearts & Memories.  After printing the image to fit an A4 size card, I colored her using both my prismacolor and copic markers.  Once that was done, I lightly stippled Tim Holtz tumbled glass and old paper distress inks over and around the image before  layering and adding some Making Memories baby brads. I wanted to keep the card fairly simple so the image would be the main focus,  so the only embellishments I added after sponging ballet blue ink around the card, were the brads was a paper rose and a die cut horseshoe all while having Dan Fogelber's song "Run For The Roses" going thru my head.  In fact, I kind of allowed the song to be my inspiration for the card.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Angel's Hearts & Memories
Ink: Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass, Old Paper Distress Inks, Stampin Up! Ballet Blue 
Card Stock: Stampin Up!, Making Memories English Garden Designer Paper
Accessories: Markers, Sponges, Stipple Brushes, Paper Rose, Glue Dots, Big Shot, Cuttlebug Horseshoe Die, White Gel Pen

No comments:

Post a Comment