Monday, March 4, 2024

Stained Glass Shamrock

 

Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share with you a card made using a couple of sets from Gecko Galz.  I  sure thankful for Gecko Galz's pre-colored images.  It sure makes creating with a migraine, or concussion, easier so I don't go stir crazy.  The blogging is much harder right now.  The images/kits I used are their gorgeous Stained Glass Beauty and It's Not Easy Being Green digital paper pack.  The stained glass reminds me so much of my late uncle who used to make stained glass pieces to sell/give as gifts.  So, Uncle Dave, this is in your memory.

I started out by cutting the background paper to size before dry embossing it using a Cuttlebug© Moroccan screen embossing folder in my Big Shot©.  Once that was done, I adhered it to a green base card and slightly sanded the embossing images to "rough it up a bit".  Taking the stained glass collage, I cut the shamrock one to size, adhering it to green/black card stock scraps then added brads.  Once that was finished, I adhered the layered image to the card using glue dots, then added some light green Prima flowers I've had in my stash for years.  The final touches were a light green rhinestone to the center of the flowers/shamrock, a small green bow and some Tim Holtz mowed lawn distress ink sponged along the edges.

Challenges entered:
 
Inspiration Station March 2024 - See Pic (inspired by St Patty's parade)
 
Gecko Galz Facebook
 
 
The Four Seasons
 
Inspiration Station
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps:  Gecko Galz
Ink: Tim Holtz Mowed Lawn
Card Stock: Gecko Galz; Stampin Up Scraps
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Sanding Block, Prima Flowers, Glue Dots, Brads, Bow, Bling

6 comments:

  1. Sorry you are still suffering, Bonnie, and I pray it all gets better for you soon. In the meantime, it's good that you can still make beautiful cards so you don't go bananas. I love the stained glass shamrock window! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie this is spectacular and love the colours, thanks for joining us at The Four Seasons challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie, did you get the March GG newsletter, you are a winner! Let me know if you don't, I'll forward it to you. This card is gorgeous! Thanks for reminding me about that folder. I was lookng through my folders last night for SPD ones and totally overlooked the Moroccan one. Hope Uncle Dave sees it and that you get to feeling better soon, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful and the image would make a glorious stained window. I hope you feel better soon, migraines are awful, I know them well, take care Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Bonnie, sorry to hear you are still suffering. I hope your pain eases soon. Thanks for playing along at The Inspiration Station Challenge and sharing your pretty card.
    Donna xx
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. A card after my own heart! Lovely! Thanks for playing along with Inspirataion Station!

    ReplyDelete