Friday, March 8, 2024

A St. Patrick Cat In A Hat

 
Hello and welcome.  Second post from me today.  To see my Stained Glass Mushroom card, please scroll down one post.  For this post, I'd like to share a card made using the free newsletter digital image  from Gerda Steiner Designs called St. Patrick's Day Cat and Hat
 
I started off by printing the image onto Neenah white card stock then colored using both prismacolor and copic markers then layered and added brads.  For my card base, I pulled out a Recollections© All Seasons paper pad I've had in my stash for who knows how long.  After selecting my designer paper, I adhered it to a white card base before adding my layered image panel.  Digging through my stash of Prima© flowers, I dug out two polka dotted flowers, added them to the card using glue dots,  The final touches were some bling shamrocks I had forgotten about and some green/white bakers twine.

Challenges entered:
 
Splitcoaststampers USEIT2024 - Use Your Unloved Stash (background paper, shamrock bling, flowers) 
Shopping Our Stash #516 - It's Not Easy Being Green (background paper, twine, flowers, bling, brads)
Just Us Girls #717 - Color Week (see below) (went with green, lime green, orange)
Sisterhood of Crafters #28 - Dots and/or Stripes (both: polka dot flowers, designer paper dotted, designer border is a stripe plaid weave)
 
Double Trouble
 
 

 

 
 

 Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day and fabulous weekend.

Stamps: Gerda Steiner Designs
Ink: Mowed Lawn Distress Ink
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up Scraps; Recollections Designer Paper
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Bakers Twine, Brads, Glue Dots, Prima Flowers, Prismacolor and Copic Markers, Bling Shamrocks


9 comments:

  1. Adorable card Bonnie and most delightful images used and coloured xx Thanks also for sharing in our Sisterhood of crafters challenges xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's just too cute, love this card, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie... Adorable image and perfect for St. Paddy's. My eye went straight to your bling shamrocks! What a fun find in your stash. Great card. Thanks so much for joining and sharing with us at Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable image and great coloring for your pretty green patterned background paper and like the add of the embellishments. Thank you for sharing your adorable and fun card with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This cat in the hat image is so fun. Great use of the greens too. Thanks for joining in at JUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun image to use. It is perfect for the season and I like your design. Great use of green. Thanks for joining us at cardz4galz, Johanna DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super fun card Bonnie. Thanks for sharing at JUGS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the addition of the color orange to your card, Bonnie! The cat image is so cute. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble #161.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute card full of St Patrick's fun! And I always love hearing about other challenges. NBUS is new to me! Glad you shared and also played along with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete