Friday, March 8, 2024

It's An Adams Kind Of Day

 

Hello and welcome.  Today I have an art journal page I made, or at least my take on one, for the Gecko Galz Monthly Goth challenge and a few others too.   When I saw the image we were to use for the challenge, it reminded me of Wednesday Adams from the Adams family.  Now I've got the theme song going through my head.  LOL  

I started out by printing the image on Neenah white cardstock making sure to run a black prismacolor marker along the edges before layering and adding some pewter skull brads I found in my stash.  I then distressed the edges a bit using a distresser tool before setting it aside.  Taking a slate colored piece of card stock, I stamped two spiderwebs in memento tuxedo black ink from a long retired Stampin Up set called Web Wishes in the corners before taking a memento london fog cat eye ink pad and repeatedly stamped it around half of the page.  Taking a Tim Holtz Dots stencil, I stippled Altenew lava rock and moon rock inks over half of the page before taking the cat eye inks and "drawing" lines with the edges before adding my layered image using glue dots.  I then added the spooky using some letter tiles I received in a destash box from a friend.  I then stamped the "kooky" using a long retired My Favorite Things Alphadots set on scrap copic white card stock before punching the letters out using a 1/2 inch Marvy circle punch.  I then punched out two more layers from more scrap grey card stock using Marvy 1" and 1 1/2" circle punches before layering everything.  Once that was finished, I added the "kooky" letters using glue dots then highlighted the letters using a white 3D glaze pen.  Dusting off my prima flowers, I selected black and purple flowers to add using glue dots before adding black bling to the centers.  I then pulled out the bat and spider brads from the same pack I found the skull ones in and added them to my page.  The final touches were two punched bats that I "softened up" using a soft Staples© mouse pad and an dry embossing stylus, added them using micro glue dots and then added some purple bling to the "bodies".  Then I adhered my finished page to my art journal book using 1/2 inch Scor-Tape.

Challenges entered:
 
Never Before Used Schtuff (NBUS) #60 - Use Your NBUS (Gecko Galz image, spooky chipboard letters, skull/bat/spider brads)
 

 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great weekend.

Stamps: Gecko Galz; Stampin Up; My Favorite Things
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, London Fog; Stampin Up Basic Gray; Altenew Lava Rock, Moon Rock
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up; Scraps
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Distresser Tool, Scor-Tape, Glue Dots, Bling, Prima Flowers, Chipboard Letters, Circle Punches, Stencil, Paper Pouncer, Blending Brush

9 comments:

  1. A brilliant spooky Halloween card with a wonderful image and embellishments,thank you for joining in at CD Sunday Plus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow great journal page! You did good and I hope you continue. I'm like you, the second I saw the image at the GG challenge, I was like, Addams Family! LOL XOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very spooky journal page, I remember the Addams family now I have the tune in my head too
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! I love all the details, thanks for sharing how it was made.
    I have the theme song in my head too now!
    Thanks for joining us.
    Jo x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. My - she is spooky. A wonderful page and thank you for sharing with us.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous journal page. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your page definitely gives off strong Wednesday Addams vibes, Bonnie!! Love the goth theme. Thank you so much for sharing with us at our 'Anything Mixed Media Goes' challenge on Creative Artiste!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so spooky - ;pve the different textures that you used. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge

    ReplyDelete