Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Thinking Of You Mermaid

Hello and welcome.  Although I've been dealing with a nasty migraine, I needed a card for a friend who's been very sick lately and just had surgery, so I printed out this Flowing Mermaid I bought years ago from Simply Betty Stamps (now closed).  Once she was printed on to Hammermill white card stock, I colored her using both prismacolor and copic markers before layering and adding brads.  My card is stamped using a long retired Stampin Up Whimsy jumbo wheel in bermuda bay ink before sponging the same ink along the edges of the card.  Once I added my layered image, I lightly stippled bermuda bay around my image before adding some retired Picket Fence Studios spiked ocean water sequins.  The final touch was adding crystal ice stickles to her tail and hair.  I'm pleased with how she turned out.

Challenges entered:
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Simply Betty Stamps
Ink: SU Bermuda Bay
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Prismacolor and Copic Markers, Glue, Brads, Sequins, Stipple Brush, Glue Dots, Ice Stickles

2 comments:

  1. Oh Bonnie, prayers as always for your health but also prayers for your friend as well! I love the colors you used on this card. The color blending on the hair is awesome! I'm sure this will brighten her spirits, XOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, migraines are no fun! I hope your friend feels better. Your coloring of this mermaid is stunning! Thank you for sharing and playing along with Polkadoodles ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete