Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Summer Collaberation Ocean Life or Shaker


 
Welcome to this years #summeraspired2023 hop. Organised by @kellys.craft and @kellysantidesigns . Where each week we have 2 choices for themes where we can create either or both themes or even combining both together. Week 5 themes are shaker or ocean life . Follow along using the hashtag or through the list of Participants. Graphic created by @kellys.craft.  

My card for today's hop combines both themes again.  Since Mother Nature's still not done baking California, I so want to be at the ocean, beach, or even the Monterey Bay Aquarium.  I started out by stamping my background images using Picket Fence Studios Little Coral Girl (retired) and I Am A Mermaid (retired) in memento tuxedo black ink before coloring using both prismacolor and copic markers.  I then stamp my mermaid and seahorses onto scrap white card stock, colored and set aside to die cut later.  Once I was happy with the coloring, I blended some Tim Holtz tumbled glass, broken china and chipped sapphire distress inks using my blending brushes from Picket Fence Studios.  Taking a clear cellophane envelope, I added my background and then some All About The Teals and Spiked Ocean Water (retired) sequins before sealing the envelope and adhering it to a navy card.  I then die cut my additional images and added them using glue dots and pop up glue dots.  After stamping my saying, I fussy cut around it to make it look like it was die cut before highlighting the wording using a black 3D glaze pen.
 
Challenges entered:
 
Shopping Our Stash #502 - Vacation Destination  (I so want to be at the ocean/beach even the Monterey Bay Aquarium)
Park Hopping My Happy Place August 2023 - Anything Goes Theme Park Related (inspired by the old submarine ride at Disneyland)
 
The Four Seasons
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.


Stamps: Picket Fence Studios
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink
Card Stock: Copic X-Press It; Stampin Up
Accessories: Prismacolor and Copic Markers, Cellophane Envelope, PFS Sequins, PFS Blending Brushes, Pop Up Glue Dots, Glue Dots, Black 3D Glaze Pen
 

4 comments:

  1. Don't you just miss the old 20000 Leagues under the sea ride? Hard to believe they had real people swimming in mermaid outfits. WOW! This card is fantastic! Thank you for playing at Park Hopping My Happy Place. Cheers, Makira

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go shopping your stash!! I too love the beach/aquarium as a vacay!! Thanks for playing along with our "vacation destination" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash.
    -Deb Horst, DT #SOS502

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzers, that was a lot of work and it shows, so gorgeous! Tell me, WHERE did you get the cellophane envie for the shaker, who made it? Love this card! Not sure I wanna be at the beach in the sand/water, but I'd love to be a mermaid and not care! heehee XOX

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card, Bonnie Lynn. Thanks so much for sharing your creativity and talent with us at The Four Seasons and please join us again soon.
    Blessings,
    Karen L, DT

    ReplyDelete