Friday, September 1, 2023

Woodblock Wednesday August 2023 edition

 

 
Hello and welcome.  Today begins the new Woodblock Wednesday challenge.  This monthly challenge inspires us to pull out those woodblock stamps (we all have them) that we're not using, and show them some love.  Since I'm behind making my Christmas cards for this year, I pulled out a couple of House Mouse stamps to use.

I started out by stamping my images in memento tuxedo black ink on some Copic X-press It card stock before coloring using both Prismacolor and Copic markers before stippling some Stampin Up soft sky ink around the edges and to fill in the white spaces.  I then layered the image panel and added some metallic red brads before setting aside.  Taking a retired Stampin Up holly jumbo wheel, I stamped the card base with Tim Holtz fired brick distress ink before adding the layered image panel using glue dots.  The final touch was adding some crystal and waterfall ice stickles. Here's the woodblock stamps I used: 


Challenges entered:
 
Park Hopping My Happy Place September 2023 - Anything Goes Inspired By Theme Parks (inspired by Christmas decor in Disneyland and the cat that caught a mouse in Pirates of the Caribbean in Disneyland)
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great weekend!
 
Stamps: Stampabilities; Stampa Rosa (closed); Stampin Up 
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Stampin Up Soft Sky
Card Stock:  Hammermill White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Prismacolor and Copic Markers, Brads, PFS Blending Brush, Glue Dots, Ice Stickles

8 comments:

  1. oh this is so sweet Bonnie Lynn!
    Thanks so much for joining me for Woodblock Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card Bonnie Lynn :-) such a sweet mousie image and your coloring is fabulous! :-)

    Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely 😍 this! Your 🐭 are beyond precious, and your coloring skills are out-of-this-world. Those embellishments ✨ are the cherry on top of your magical scene! Thanks a million for joining us at Park Hopping My Happy Place. Cheers, Makira 🎢🌟🎨

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Bonnie, this one is a real sweetie! Love your image coloring and background. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  5. My woodblock stamps are so cherished! Super cute card-one of my fave meece images! Thanks for sharing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful holiday card, wish I made mine all year instead of waiting until December. Colored up beautifully. Thanks for joining us for the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge and sharing your card with us.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a wonderful card, impressed with your great colouring skills! Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks.
    Diane - DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are so adorable. Perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete