Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Falling For Wednesdays Week 2

 

 
 

Hi friends! Welcome to week 2 of Falling For Wednesdays hosted by @kellysantidesigns 🍂🍁 Hop along with #ffwcardgroup2023 where each week holds beautiful fall splendor. This week’s fall theme is: FALL FAVORITES!
 
For my card, I was inspired by fond memories of going to the pumpkin patch with my mom when I was little, and taking my own kids to the one here.  I always had fun picking out my own pumpkin and carving it's face.  So, I pulled out my favorite The Cat's Pajamas set called Happy Pumpkin Day (I still have the retired clear set).  Gotta love these TCP penguins!!  I started out by stamping the main image in memento tuxedo black onto copic white card stock before coloring using both prismacolor and copic markers.  Once my coloring was finished, I layered the image and added brads.  As an afterthought, I stippled some Tim Holtz stormy sky distress ink as well as some Stampin Up tangerine tango ink left over from another project.  I then adhered the layered image using glue dots to a dry embossed card with more tangerine tango ink stippled over the embossed images.  After adding some copper bling to finish it off.

Challenges entered:

We Love To Create #8 August - Anything Mixed Media Goes (markers, bling, brads, ink, dry embossing)

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: The Cat's Pajamas
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Stampin Up Tangerine Tango
Card Stock: Copic X-Press It; Stampin Up
Accessories: Prismacolor and Copic Markers, Bling, Big Shot, PFS Blending Brushes, Cuttlebug Pumpkin Harvest Embossing Folder, Brads, Glue Dots

3 comments:

  1. Oh My, these little penguins are just the cutest! Thanks for linking up at the Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bonnie, a wonderful card to celebrate Halloween, love the embossed panel behind the stamped image. Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends and good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bonnie! Love this little penguin Pumpkin fest! So beautifully colored and ink-blended! Hope y'all have recovered from Hilary and are getting some better weather now! Hugs, my friend! XOX

    ReplyDelete