Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Summer Collaberation Favorite Activity or BBQ

 


 Welcome to this years #summeraspired2023 hop. Organised by @kellys.craft and @kellysantidesigns . Where each week we have 2 choices for themes where we can create either or both themes or even combining both together. Week 6 themes are BBQ or favourite activity. Follow along using the hashtag or through the list of Participants. Graphic created by @kellys.craft
 
My favorite summer activity is just sitting on the beach listening to the waves crashing on the beach or visiting the Monterey Bay Aquarium so both themes are showcased in my card.
 
I started out by printing the Seahorse and Castle digital stamp from Impression Obsession onto Neenah white card stock before coloring using both Lyra and Castle Arts pencils.  Once my coloring was finished, I blended some taken with teal and creamy caramel inks around the image before layering and adding brads.  I then distressed the edges of the layered image using my distressing tool.  I then added some All About The Teals sequins from Picket Fence Studios before adding some ice stickles to highlight parts of the sand and seahorse.  I"m really happy with how this turned out considering I made it with a migraine and the main reason I printed the image at 3.5x5.
 
Challenges entered:
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.
 
Stamps: Impression Obsession
Ink: Stampin Up Taken With Teal, Creamy Caramel
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Ice Stickles, Lyra and Castle Arts Pencils, Distressing Tool, Pop Dots, Blending Brushes, PFS Sequins, Glue 

8 comments:

  1. I can't imagine how you made this awesome design while you had a migraine, Bonnie. You are a trooper with a ton of talent! It's a delightful take on sandcastles at the beach and visiting the aquarium! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS ~ and everyone who suffers from migraines! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are my hero! A migraine and you still made this beauty! Absolutely gorgeous! We can sit side by side on our beach chairs and enjoy the beauty of the ocean together! LOVE your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done - especially with a bad head. I know how you feel with those.
    Thank you for sharing with us.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one adorable card, Bonnie. Hope you get some relief, my friend. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on producing such a lovely card whilst not feeling well.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you are feeling better now. This is a lovely underwater image. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, well done and I hope you are feeling better, nothing worse than a migraine.
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beach & Aquarium....perfect vacay in my book!! Way to go shopping your stash!! Thanks for playing along with our "vacation destination" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash.
    -Deb Horst, DT #SOS502

    ReplyDelete