Monday, April 29, 2013

Pink Ribbons For Mom


Hello and welcome.  This is a hard post to write.  Today I am sharing a card I made for my mom using Sassy Studio Designs Support A Cause digital image and Think Pink sentiments from last years October Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

After downloading and coloring my image, I layered the image and sentiments using pixie pink card stock before dry embossing a light pink panel then adding a scrap border left over from punching a couple of light mauve borders.  The only embellishments I added were some faux brads, a punched pink ribbon, and a pink marker spritzed over the main image.

Challenges entered:

Sassy Studio - DTBST #174
Link Up For Pink #9
PCP Cuttlebug Challenge #161
Love To Create Challenge #63 - Punches or Dies

Now the reason this post is hard to write, my mom lost her battle with breast cancer 19 years ago next month on May 19th.  She was only 41 - way to young to go.  So I have decided to make cards to help support and encourage others fighting cancer in memory of my mom.  Mom, I hope you like it.  I will be putting this one aside to mail off the MD Anderson Cancer Center during the yearly SCS card drive.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: SSD Support A Cause Digi, Think Pink Sentiments
Card Stock: White, Pixie Pink, Pretty In Pink, Mauve Scrap
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Pixie Pink Marker, Color Spritzer Tool, Small Hole Punch, 2-Way Glue Pen, Ribbon Punch, Cuttlebug Textile Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Pop Dots, Glue Dots

5 comments:

  1. A very beautiful card. Love the design, image, coloring, just everything about it.

    I'm sure your Mom is smiling. Thanks so much for sharing your card with Link Up for Pink and hope to see more of your creations posted.

    Good luck in the draw.

    Hugs
    Joanie DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card!!! Love the image and the layering!!!
    Thanks for joining us at LUFP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous detailed creation. Thank you for joining us this week at Love to Create Challenge.
    Laine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layering and embossing on your project. I am very glad you entered this week at LUFP. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge. Remember to get the girls checked and remind a friend! :-) Together we can beat Breast Cancer!!!

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    Link Up For Pink DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the image. She's a sassy, spunky gal. Thanks for joining us over at Link Up For Pink.

    ReplyDelete