Saturday, April 20, 2013

Be A Showoff!


Hello and welcome.  I hope you enjoyed this last week's new release blog hop by Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Company.  If you haven't had a chance to take a look at some of the new stamp releases, you can find them in the store here.

Today I am sharing a card I made for this week's Color Throwdown #238 challenge.  I started out by stamping my background using the peacock feather from Be A Showoff in brilliant blue directly onto the card before stamping my peacock in memento black onto white card stock then coloring with prismacolor markers.  Since I was still dealing with a migraine, I decided to keep the card fairly simple and just lightly stipple brilliant blue around the main image and saying, layer then add some faux brads.  My only embellishments are some $1 store blue organdy ribbon and ice stickles highlighting the peacocks feathers.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great weekend.

Stamps: MFP Be A Showoff
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Brilliant Blue
Card Stock: Stampin Up! 
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Small Hole Punch, 2-Way Glue Pen, Stipple Brush, Ice Stickles, Ribbon

2 comments:

  1. What a fun and lovely card using the throwdown colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just super! I love the colors and that sentiment.

    Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas “Peacock Color Challenge“ Linky Party. New Linky Party starts Monday hope you will join us again!!

    Tara
    Craftin Desert Diva's

    ReplyDelete