Sunday, December 4, 2011

O Little Town Of Bethlehem


Hello and welcome to Tuesday.  I discovered a really cool Christian stamp store called Clear Dollar Stamps and their challenge blog called Clearly I Stamp.  One of the new stamps I chose to purchase is a Christmas stamp called Little Bethlehem and decided to participate in one of their challenges.  I chose the Christmas one and inked up my Little Bethlehem with memento tuxedo black ink and colored it using koh-i-noor pencils and a blender marker.  Once all of my coloring was done, I lightly stippled Stampin Up! night of navy ink around the edges before lightly stippling Tim Holtz tea stain and vintage photo inks over everything to "age" the image a bit. 

Once the stippling was done, I lightly distressed the edges of the town with my fingernail before layering and adding some vintage brads then adding it to the card.  Tim Holtz pine needles is stippled around the edges of the card to darken the edges.  I'm really happy with the way this turned out since I made it with one of my nasty migraines again.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.


Stamps: Clear Dollar Stamps Little Bethlehem
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Pine Needles, Tea Stain, Vintage Photo, Stampin Up! Night of Navy
Card Stock: MFP Corn Husk, Chip Board, Michael's Recollections Christmas Designer Paper, Stampin Up! Night of Navy, Riding Hood Red
Accessories: Koh-I-Noor Pencils, Blender Marker, Brads, Stipple Brushes, Dimensionals, Fingernail

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Bonnie. And you are an enabler! I followed your link to Clear Dollar Stamps. Great stamps. Yeah I spent some money. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Bonnie! We featured it on our Facebook Fan page for all to see! Thanks so much for playing along in CIC41 :D

    ReplyDelete