Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Dr. Seuss' Brains In Your Head - My Time Made Easy Pretty Pattern Sketch #40



Welcome to another My Time Made Easy Pretty Pattern Sketch challenge.  This week's card I chose to dedicate to my 19 year old son who was just diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes.  For those who don't know, Type 1 diabetes is also known as juvenile diabetes.  His dad was diagnosed at age 2 and has grown up with it, so to dad it's no big deal.  However, to a 19going on 20 year old, life is a whole new ball of wax.  So many bad habits to suddenly have to change.  Someone who was considered healthy up to this point, suddenly has so many things to watch and keep track of on top of college, finals, a wonderful girlfriend who's having a hard time adjusting to the diagnosis too, and trying to find a job in a very rough economy and in an area of 20% unemployment.  So I decided to bend the sketch a bit, and go out of my normal creating comfort zone by making a paper bag card with a school theme.

I started out by printing out My Time Made Easy's Back To School digital stamps and Academic Hodgepodge grade book digital paper.  Once my images were colored with prismacolor markers and cut out, I layered the grade book paper onto the paper lunch bag, added the three cut out images, ribbon, and the ABC cork stickers from Targets $1 spot from a few years back. 

I then layered Dr. Seuss' saying on some teal scrap card stock before placing over my cut out images.  I chose this particular sentiment from the Back To School set because I've heard my son, and my daughter, put himself down for not doing good on exams during this last month of school.  I've especially heard more of it right after his diagnosis after Thanksgiving.  I wanted him to know, he has God given brains and he is a smart young man and not to listen or believe anything otherwise. 

Once the front was done, I taped down the inside flap and added some digital binder paper before adding the rest of the grade book paper to the inside of the card and my one remaining image from My Time Made Easy's Lunch Box Love Notes digital stamp set.  I also taped down the lunch bag opening to seal it enough, but still allow an opening for a gift card to stick out from the inside.

For my first lunch bag card, I'm pretty please with how it turned out.  They're really easy to make too.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.


Stamps:  MTME Lunch Box Love Notes, Back To School Digital Stamps
Card Stock: White, Teal Scrap, MTME Academic Hodgepodge Digital Paper
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Computer, Printer, Fiber, Lunch Bag, Cork Stickers

No comments:

Post a Comment