Friday, April 15, 2011

Vintage Cameo - Ways To Use It Challenge WT318


Hello everyone!  It's been awhile since I've participated in a Ways To Use It challenge over on Splitcoast.  Since I've been wanting to ink up this StudioG cameo stamp from Michael's for a while, this was the perfect time. 

I stamped my image in memento tuxedo black on Georgia Pacific white paper and colored it with prismacolor markers before stippling Tim Holtz tea stain and antique linen inks around the edges.  Once that was done, I used a Stampin Up! marker to highlight the edges with each corresponding layer.  Pulling out some primas, I added them in little "bushes" around the cameo & ruffled ribbon.  The button is from PTI and the keyhole/key brads are from Oriental Trading Company from a few years back.  I just love re-discovering things in my stash!  Here's a close-up of the cameo layer.

If you haven't tried one of the Splitcoast challenges, you really should.  They have stretched my imagination over the years as well as teaching me new techniques.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great day.



Stamps: StudioG
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Tea Stain, Antique Linen
Card Stock: White, Stampin Up! Bashful Blue, Pretty In Pink, Vanilla, Designer Paper
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Stipple Brushes, Brads, Keyhole/Key Brads, Primas, Glue Dots, Ribbon, Button, Thread, Dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. That's beautiful Bonnie. Your coloring skills just keep getting better and better!

    ReplyDelete