Wednesday, April 20, 2011

April Blast From The Past!!!!!



It's that time of the month again!!!  Taylored Expressions Blast from the Past Blog Hop!!  This month's challenge is to make something clean and simple.  When I saw the instructions this month, I immediately thought of JulieHRR cards!!!  She makes the best CAS cards. I never like making one layer cards, with so much white, until a Dare To Get Dirty challenges a couple of years ago on Splitcoast.

For this month's challenge, I decided to use the set I won last month, In The Park, to make my clean and simple card.  Using some scrap white card stock, I cut it down to just larger than 3x3 so it would fit into a regular envelope and not be rejected by the postal service.  After I stamped my images in memento tuxedo black, I pulled out my prismacolor pencils and blender marker for coloring. 

Once the coloring was done, I then stamped the dog onto some more scrap white card stock, colored it, cut out and adhered to the main card sitting on the bench. 

Here's a close up of the card itself.

For my saying, I pulled out the matching "Just sittin' here Thinking of you" and stamped it on the inside with an uncolored dog.



There are a lot of hoppers participating today, so make sure you visit all of the participating blogs (listed below) and leave some love.





Thanks for stopping by today. Have a great day!



Stamps: Taylored Expressions In The Park
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Card Stock: White
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Prismacolor Blending Marker

16 comments:

  1. What a cute little scene you have created here!! Wonderful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this Bonnie! FAB design and I LOVE the stamps you used!!! Great scene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie this is adorable - love your scene!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet - I used this set too, LOVE that puppy, LOL! I like how you gave the envelope some love too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fun little park scene! love that pooch on the bench!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun little scene! That is one of my favorite sets!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this dog! He's too cute. Wonderful work - thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gotta love the puppies! Your blog makes me want jelly beans, tho ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute, cute, cute! Love this stamp set and can't wait to get it myself! You did a fabulous job with creating a scene, fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That little doggie is so cute!! Love how you stamped it on the the inside and envelope too. Love your card, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an adorable scene you created, Bonnie, and I love how you finished off the inside...sooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute! Love the doggie sitting on the bench!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww, I adore this set! and that lil pup is too cute! What a sweet card :)
    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete
  14. MADE IT OVER HERE!!!! :) :) :) Great scene Bonnie! Glad you picked this set, I have it too as it's TOO CUTE!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete