Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Coffee And Mornings

Hello again.  Today I have a card to share I made for a swap called - What's Your Poison?  Basically, what drink are you addicted to or crave.  Easy - Starbucks!!!  Now normally I'm a tea drinker, however I love a good Starbucks and I had this fantastic digital image and saying to go with the idea.

Once I printed out my digital image I bought last year sometime, I pulled out my prismacolor markers and got to coloring right away.  Once my coloring was done, I pulled out one of my stipple brushes and some Stampin Up! close to cocoa ink and lightly began stippling around the edges.  As I layered everything, I made sure to edge the layers with a Stampin Up! marker so each piece was finished off completely.

Once that was done, I stamped the card in Stampin Up! close to cocoa ink using a long retired set called What's Brewin and then the next layer using Stampin Up!'s Like It A Latte retired set in navy ink.  Pulling out some vintage brads from Stampin Up!, I made sure to add those to all of the corners before adding some vintage lace ribbon and primas with ice stickle centers.

For the final touch, I used an Art Impressions saying on the inside, however, the picture didn't turn out right.  The saying is "The early bird can have the worm, I'll see you around noonish with a latte".  I just love that stamp!!!  It's perfect for this sleepy bear.

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you join some challenges or swaps over at Splitcoast or My Time Made Easy.  Have a great day.


Stamps: Doodle Dragon Designs Digital Image, Art Impressions Saying, Stampin Up! What's Brewin, Like It A Latte
Ink: Stampin Up! Basic Gray, Close To Cocoa, Night Of Navy
Card Stock: White, Stampin Up! Close To Cocoa, Night Of Navy
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Stampin Up! Cocoa & Navy Markers, SU Vintage Brads, Stipple Brush, Vanilla Vintage Lace Ribbon, Glue Dots

1 comment:

  1. Have you been peeking in my window in the morning? Looks about right!

    ReplyDelete