Monday, July 13, 2009

Monsters and Mermaids!


It's week 7 of the My Favorite Sketch and Challenge. This week the challenge was to make something with a child theme. That was soooooo easy. There are a lot of MFT sets geared towards kids and I have a few of them that haven't seen ink yet. (shame on me)

My kids, including my husband, loved the movie Monsters Inc, so I went with that theme. Unfortunately, I ran out of room so, little Boo didn't make it on the card. Anyhoo, I started out by stamping that mean ol Rodney character and masked him. Then I stamped the fella with the briefcase, then the girlie Rodney is trying to slither around. After that, using a ruler, I hand drew (be gentle) the sidewalk, and the building then highlighted them both with an artist pen. Once that was done, I colored everything with prismacolor markers.

Now, I felt the card was still missing something so I stamped the briefcase, bow-tie, purse, and the girlie-girl separately on MFT perfect panels, colored where necessary and cut them all out. My little girlie monster is popped up on dimensionals and her purse is popped up again over her shoulder on mini pop dots. I then added MFT's new polka dot summer ribbon at the top, hand drew some birds in the distance & brads to finish it off.

For this weeks sketch challenge, I decided to keep the same kids theme only use the sketch we were given. I printed off Stephanie Fizer summer digital papers and stamped my images on MFT's perfect panels then colored with prismacolor markers and cut out.


Using the starfish like brads, I adhered them using mini glue dots to three corners and then the saying to the fourth corner with a small fish underneath. I then stippled Stampin Up! bashful blue and creamy caramel ink around the edges of the card and lightly over it to give an "ocean-y" feel before adding my mermaid and some ice stickles to her tail.

Stamps: MFT Monsters Ink, Hooga Booga, Stephanie Fizer Paper Dolls, Paper Doll Sayings

Cardstock: MFT Perfect Panels, Stampin Up! Green Galore, Tempting Turquoise, Making Memories Spring DP

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Bashful Blue, Creamy Caramel

Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Mini Glue Dots, Ribbon, Googlie Eyes, Brads, Ice Stickles, Dimensionals, Mini Pop Dots, Stipple Brushes, Artist Pen, Ruler, Circle Punch


2 comments:

  1. Two perfectly darling little scenes. Love the eyes on those 'monsters'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Your monster card really made me laugh out loud. :D

    ReplyDelete