Monday, July 27, 2009

Bathtime With Flopsy



It's week 9 of the My Favorite Challenge over at Splitcoast. This week we're supposed finish our card both inside and out. I usually don't finish the inside of my cards, so this is a bit of a challenge this week for me.

I've been just dying to ink up my new Flopsy set and figured this was a great time to do so. I pulled out some Prima Nursery Rhyme designer paper I found on clearance at Michaels and let the paper choose my colors for the challenge - lots of cool purple.

I started out by stamping Flopsy and all of the accessories he would need for a relaxing bath in memento tuxedo black in on MFT Perfect Panels and colored them with prismacolor markers. I then sponged Stampin Up! almost amethyst dye ink around the edges of the card and the main image, stippled Stampin Up! bashful blue ink around Flopsy to fill in the white areas, then cut out all of his accessories, before punching out the saying. After layering, I added the prima flower & gems, also found on clearance, popped up the saying; then as a last minute addition doodled around Flopsy to "set him off" from the rest of the card.

Here's a close up of Flopsy and the gem additions:


Now for the inside of the card I used some scrap Prima Nursery Rhyme paper on white cardstock and sponged around both before adding the accessories & a layered saying. Again I added more doodling as a last minute addition on the inside as well.

Here's a close up of the inside accessories:

Stamps: MFT Bubble Bunny, Time For The Bubbly, Putting On The Glitz
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Almost Amethyst, Bashful Blue
Cardstock: White, Stampin Up! Lavender Lace, Almost Amethyst, Prima Nursery Rhyme DP
Accessories: Sponge, Gems, Glue Dots, Prismacolor Markers, Prima Flowers, Dimensionals, Black Markers, Micro Pop Dots, Martha Stewart 2-Way Glue Pen

2 comments:

  1. This is just the cutest card! Perfect inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love it! The inside is awesome. Now I need a bubble bath with lavendar scented bubbles LOL!

    ReplyDelete