Monday, July 13, 2009

Can You Resist Crayons?



It's week 3 of Cornish Heritage Farms Summer Stamp Star Design Challenge Contest - Resist. I chose to do a crayon resist technique. I love this technique because I get to be a little kid again. So pull out those crayons! If you don't have any of your own, borrow from the kiddos, or go get some from the back to school sales going on now. Yikes!!

I stamped my image in memento tuxedo black on glossy cardstock and allowed the image to dry completely. Once that was done, then I got to work coloring with my crayons. When I was done coloring, I pulled out a retired Stampin Up! fall kalidacolor ink pad and inked up my brayer. I then rolled my brayer over the glossy cardstock, and image, several times; allowing the ink layers to overlap and blend. As I did this, the areas that were colored with the crayons began to show through, resisting the ink. When the ink dries, the card looks like a fall sunset in the background with the colored sections sitting in a foreground. Too much ink? No sweat, just wipe it off with a Kleenex or paper towel before the ink dries to lighten it up over the crayon areas.

Cool huh?

Stamps: CHF SEP Fall Harvest, Stampin Up Autumn Days
Cardstock: Garden Green, Glossy, Dusty Durango, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin UP! Retired Kalidacolor
Accessories: Brayer, Brads, Martha Stewart Ribbon Bow

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I really like this card, especially! Good luck in the contest...hope you're still in the running 'cuz your stuff is GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out FABULOUS!! (Are there really back-to-school sales going on already? Darn...it feels like summer just started.)

    ReplyDelete