Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Christmas One Sheet Wonder


It's week 5 of Cornish Heritage Farms Summer Stamp Star Design Challenge - One Sheet Wonder. Now I've never done a one sheet wonder before so while I thought about this I kind of psyched myself out and gave me a one sheet headache for a bit. Aye vey! It was actually easier than I was making it once I got going.

I decided that since I'm behind in the Christmas card challenge, why not get caught up and make some Christmas cards. I started by printing out one of PTI's My Timeless Templates I had already purchased and not done yet called Captured Card Case. After printing out my template on Stampin Up! bashful blue cardstock, cutting it out, and assembling, I was ready to stamp my one sheet wonder.


I decided to stamp my 12x12 One Sheet Wonder (OSW) using Cornish Heritage Farms Joyeux Noel set in Stampin Up's pacific pointe and bashful blue dye ink before stippling bashful blue in between the snowflakes as seen below.

I then cut my backgrounds for three cards and the lid of my Captured Card Case from the One Sheet Wonder cardstock as seen below.

I then stamped my sayings and punched them out with the Marvy Mega and Giga scalloped punches, added snowflake bobbin ribbon from Joann's, bulk snowflake brads and then gem stickers from the Michaels $1 spot.

To finish using up my One Sheet Wonder cardstock, I pulled out a Target notepad I've had in my stash for years and have just never altered like planned. Once it was covered with my template sheet, I added some primas I've had forever with dew drop centers, then added a saying and a Martha Stewart ribbon bow to finish it off.
I then finished off my Captured Card Case box by stamping some Kim Hughes images in memento tuxedo black on white cardstock and coloring them with prismacolor markers, cutting out and adhering to the box top with glue dots. Then I added the rest of the snowflake bobbin ribbon from Joann's also with glue dots to finish everything off.



Here's what my Captured Card Case looks like filled up with my Christmas cards. It'll make a great Christmas gift later when I fill it with something else besides cards and then the notebook later. So what do you think?


Stamps: CHF Forest Friendzy, Christmas Critters, Christmas Cheer, Joyeux Noel, Christmas Expressions
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Pacific Pointe, Bashful Blue
Cardstock: White, Stampin Up! Pacific Pointe, Bashful Blue
Accessories: White Signo Gel Pen, Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Brads, Bobbin Ribbon, Marvy Mega & Giga Scallop Punches, Silver Brad Trees, Prismacolor Markers, Stipple Brush, Gem Stickers, Sponge

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous project! Been a while since I've done an OSW. I think I'll do that for a Christmas card class. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your projects are all delightful...I really like how you showcased them here on your blog. The pic inside the box tells the whole story! Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete