Saturday, August 8, 2020

Thanks A Melon Summer

Hello and welcome.  Today is the new Saturday challenge at Catch The Bug where I'm guest designing.  This week the theme is Goodby Summer.  Where I live here in California's Central Valley, summer means watermelon season!  There are acres and acres of fresh watermelons harvested on the west side of the Central Valley.  My project uses Bugaboo's August newsletter (which you can subscribe to on the Catch The Bug blog and is new to me) freebie called Summer Peek Watermelon.  If you're not a newsletter subscriber, you can find the image here.

After printing my image onto Hammermill white card stock and coloring using both prismacolor and copic markers, I lightly stippled some Tim Holtz tumbled glass distress ink before sponging some SU rose red around the edges.  After layering, I added it to a rose red card with some watermelon designer paper I've had for who knows how long, since I don't remember buying it.  After popping up the main image panel, I realized I needed some black brads on it.  Since I'm out of those, I made my own by using a small hole punch and Martha Stewart glue pen.  Once I stamped my saying from a LONG retired Stampin Up set called Tiny Talk, I punched the saying and border out, then added to my card using glue dots.  The only other embellishment was some red/pink fibers from my stash.

Challenges entered:

Never Before Used Schtuff (NBUS) #17 - August 
Splitcoaststampers USEIT2020 - Use Your Stash 
Crafty Calendar - August Anything Goes 
Crafty Friends #142 - Anything Goes 
Digi Choosday Week 31 - Anything Goes 
Craftyhazelnuts Patterned Paper - August 
Day Of The Month Card Club #18 - National Watermelon Day 


Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great weekend and don't forget to enter the challenge here.

Stamps: Bugaboo, SU
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass, SU Rose Red
Card Stock: Hammermill White; SU Rose Red, Glorious Green, Black; Watermelon Designer Paper
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Stipple Brush, Sponge, SU Oval Punches, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Fibers

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for entering our Anything Goes challenge… your little girl and melon card is lovely. Good luck in the draw and we hope you will come back again soon.
    Diane Louise [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card with great patterned paper. Thanks for joining us at CHNC Patterned Paper Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww she's adorable eating her watermelon and the background is fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that watermelon background! Gorgeous card! Thank you for joining our challenge at Digi Choosday . I hope you come back for the next one!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Polkadoodles DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. that looks yummy - especially with that juicy background! Thanks for playing along with us at DotMCC

    ReplyDelete
  7. The little lady seems to have a taste for it! What a yummy looking and super nice colored card!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at DotMCC. Rosi x

    ReplyDelete