Sunday, October 21, 2012

Hello Buttons And Butterflies

Second post for me today.  If you are looking for my 4Crafty Chicks post, please scroll down one.

I recently discovered a new challenge blog, well new for me, called Drunken Stampers.  This week's Napoleon's Buttons challenge is to use buttons and brads.  I also decided it would be perfect paired up with Splitcoast's HYCCT1220 challenge.



I started out by stamping Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Company soon to be released set called Cracked Hello onto snow storm smooth card stock with Tim Holtz brushed corduroy distress ink before stippling wild honey distress ink around the cracked image before stamping several butterflies on scrap white card stock in memento tuxedo black ink and coloring with prismacolor markers then cutting out.

After cutting out the butterflies, I added some die cut flowers and leaves from my stash, then the butterflies using glue dots, and finally some silk flowers and button bees/ladybugs before highlighting everything with bling and ice stickles.

Challenges entered:
Drunken Stampers #102 - Napoleon's Buttons
Splitcoaststampers HYCCT1220 - Hope Is In The Air

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: MFP Cracked Hello
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Brushed Corduroy, Wild Honey
Card Stock: MFP Snow Storm, Stampin Up! Rose Red
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Glue Dots, Buttons, Die Cuts, Bling, Ice Stickles, Silk Flowers, Stipple Brush

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous - love the butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely and fun! Love all the floral elements, and the butterflies are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card!! Glad you found us, hope you'll visit and play along often!
    Thanks for playing along with the "Napoleon's Buttons" challenge at Drunken Stampers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! This just screams at me to try to duplicate it. I love the pearly details on the butterflies and the flowers. This is amazing. :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card! I love the feeling I get when looking at this, it's fun! Thank you for joining in on the fun this week at Drunken Stampers, I hope to see you play along again soon!

    Jackie, Drunken Stampers DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful butterflies!! Thanks for playing with us at Drunken Stampers!! Glad you found us!!

    ReplyDelete