Sunday, October 21, 2012

A Sassy Maleficent

Hello and welcome.  This week's 4Crafty Chicks Challenge is dry embossing.  Since I had a haunted house cuttlebug embossing folder from last year I still needed to try out, I paired it up with Sassy Studio Designs retired digital evil sorceress.  This image reminds me so much of Disney's Sleeping Beauty© movie, so I decided to color her like Maleficent.

After dry embossing some white card stock, I lightly stippled Stampin Up! basic grey ink over and around the image to "darken" it a bit and to give it an eerie feeling.  Then I printed out my digital image and colored with prismacolor markers, I also stippled basic grey ink around her before layering onto black and purple card stocks before adding baby brads and a moon Halloween charm left over from last year.

I'm fairly happy with it considering I made the card on no sleep from a migraine with the migraine meds not working.  Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: SSD Evil sorceress (retired)
Ink: Stampin Up! Basic Grey
Card Stock: Stampin Up!
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Haunted House Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Stipple Brush, Brads, Halloween Charm, Glue Dots

4 comments:

  1. Cool embossing folder! The image is perfect for it. Awesome card, Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo that is my favorite Halloween embossing folder. I love how you used it in this fabulous creation. Thank you so much for sharing your inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool embossing folder and great layout! :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh spooky! A great halloween card.

    ReplyDelete