Sunday, January 2, 2011

Flight School!



This month's MFT Guest Designer challenge theme is "It's A Banner Year!" At first, I had no idea what to do for the challenge, but then an idea came while hearing a plane flying out to the old base to land.  What about doing an idea about a flight school? 

I pulled out a pre-stamped image of Fred Bear In Flight (which MFT appears to be out right now), colored it with prismacolor markers and paired it with some Costco designer paper of an old world map.  Pulling out my Banner Strip Die-Namic and Banner Alphabet set, I got to work.  Running the die-namic through my big shot twice on MFT cream Perfect Panels and then again with the Costco designer paper's "back side", I was able to create two separate banners to put above and below my main image.

Once my banners were done, I then ran MFT's Jumbo Scallop Die-Namic three times also using the Costco designer paper.  Adding some vintage brads, thread and a dark blue button finished off the vintage look for my card.


Stamps: MFT Fred Bear In Flight, Banner Strip Alphabet
Ink: Tim Holtz Tea Stain, PTI Enchanted Evening, Memento Tuxedo Black
Card stock: Costco Designer Paper, MFT Cream Perfect Panels, Stampin Up! Kraft
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Stipple Brush, Dimensionals, Thread, PTI Button, Glue Dots, Vintage Brads, Stampin Up! Night Of Navy Marker, MFT Die-Namics

No comments:

Post a Comment