Monday, January 3, 2011

Family Christmas


Hi there.  Are you having a great Monday?  It's my first day back at work after being off for a few months with my migraines.  So I'll see how "great" mine is at the end of the day.

Today I have another card to share using an image from Digital Two For Tuesday.  I just love these old time images since there's so many different ways to use them.  For this one, I decided to make it a traditional, yet old fashioned, Christmas card.  The image is colored with regular colored pencils again using different shades of the same color family.  I love using this technique since it's easy to transport the image and pencils anywhere.  Also, it's very calming after a long day or a rough week. 

Once my image was colored, I stippled Tim Holtz old paper distress ink over the entire image before stippling Tim Holtz walnut stain ink around the edges to "age" it a bit more.  Once I had the image layered, I added some vintage brads, thread, and Making Memories vintage paper flowers.  To add to the vintage theme, I added a brushed pewter "family" brad to the center of the table before popping the entire thing up over the thread.  For the final touches, red liquid pearls highlight the berries in the wreath and a burgundy ribbon embellie covers the colored wreath ribbon instead. 

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.


Stamps: Digital Two For Tuesday
Ink: Tim Holtz Old Paper, Walnut Stain
Card stock: White, Stampin Up! So Saffron, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Rose Art Colored Pencils, Thread, Vintage Brads, Liquid Pearls, Ribbon, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Making Memories Vintage Paper Flowers, Corner Rounder


No comments:

Post a Comment