Monday, December 6, 2010

A Winter Cottage


This weeks MFT Weekly Stamp Club challenge is a sketch.  You can find it here in the SCS forum. 

For my card, I decided to use an un-inked set called Inspired By Winter from the Inspired By line at MFT.  I started out by making my own framed background using the fir tree stamp in the set and some Memento Bamboo ink.  Once that was done, I took my image and stamped it twice on MFT's Perfect Panels and colored with Prismacolor markers.  Then, I took the fir tree stamp again and inked it up using Stampin Up! markers to get the two-tone color of the trees.

Since I was making a rustic scene, I used a Tim Holtz Alterations embossing folder to make the wood grain pattern in the background and sanded it with a sanding block.  Once I had my MFT Doily Die-namic (which looks like it's currently sold out) cut and sanded, I added that popped up on pop dots over the knotted ribbon.

I also love to have some sort of dimension on my cards, I then cut out one of the colored cottage images and popped the entire panel up over the Doily Die-namic. To complete the entire scene, I sponged my own snowbanks and added diamond ice stickles around the edges of the roof and snowbanks.

Thanks for stopping by today.  If you haven't joined us for our Weekly Stamp Challenges, you really should!!



Stamps: MFT Inspired By Winter
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Bamboo Leaves, Stampin Up! Soft Sky
Card stock: Stampin Up! Garden Green, Not Quite Navy, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, MFT Perfect Panels
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Dimensionals, Pop Dots, Pop Up Glue Dots, Stipple Brush, Stampin Up! Markers (Garden Green, Chocolate Chip), Diamond Ice Stickles, MFT Doily Die-namic, Tim Holtz Alterations Wood grain Embossing Folder, MFT Winter Solstice Ribbon

2 comments:

  1. awesome card Bonnie- i love the texture and your cottage in the woods looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dimension and textures. The ice around the roof is great.

    ReplyDelete