Friday, December 17, 2010

Wednesday Stamp Club - Pure Innocence Christmas!


Hello.  Sorry about the space between posting, I've been dealing with those pesky migraines again. (rolling painful eyes)  They just keep coming back and the doctors don't know why yet and the medicines to stop them are not working very well.  It's been cloudy, foggy and raining the last couple of days, so why not stamp even while on migraine meds. 

This week's MFT Wednesday Stamp Club is all about the Pure Innocence kids.  These little darlings are just too cute not to take out and enjoy, especially at Christmas.  So I pulled out a several sets, stamped them up and so far only have two colored and assembled.

My first card uses the Pure Innocence Wyatt Just Chillin set.  I stamped him several times, since I couldn't get a clean image for some strange reason.  Finally found out, with Kim's help, that my 3x5 acrylic block had bowed in the center.  Wonder why it's only my favorite block to stamp with.  Definitely will have to get a new one, but I digress.  After getting a couple of clean images, I colored Wyatt and his snowman to match some Basic Gray Figgy paper I still had.  Once colored, I cut out one of the images to pop up with dimensionals, stippled some bashful blue ink around the edges, and started layering. 

I decided I wanted a little something extra, I found some Making Memories snowflake charms in my stash (had forgotten about those) and added them to two corners, then some old MFT fun flock, and diamond ice stickles to the images before popping up the second colored image.  Here's a close up of the main image detail.

Since, I was on a roll, I decided to decorate the inside as well.  Using some scraps of the Basic Gray paper, I added a strip, the saying and then a prima with a small silver pearl center.

After I finished my Wyatt card, I realized he'd be great for the Splitcoast Fan Club December challenge.

My next card uses the Pure Innocence Making A List set.  This once I also stamped twice, however, on MFT White Perfect Panels and colored her matching some Debbie Mumm holiday paper.  After I realized the paper had more of a vintage look, and my PI was stamped on white, I took some Tim Holtz old paper distress ink and stippled the whole image panel with it until the white resembled a dirty vanilla color. 

I had some Martha Stewart die cut snowflake ribbon left over from last years clearance at Michael's, so I added that underneath two layers of die cut MFT Jumbo Scallop Die-namics.  After adding some Prima poinsettia flowers, I then added a leftover red rolled flower using MFT's Rolled Flower Die-namic.

Here's a close up of the details of the card.

The whole time I was making this card, I kept having that song "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" going through my head, so instead of using the sayings from the Pure Innocence set, I made my own using MS Word, the Wendy font, and printed it out on vanilla Stampin Up! card stock before stippling Tim Holtz old paper ink over it to match the front images.  I then a strip of the Debbie Mum designer paper, primas, and a gem sticker.  The "brads" next to the saying are punched tiny circles.

Here is what the Die-Namics I used look like.  You can get them on the MFT site.





Thanks for looking.  Have a great Friday!

Stamps: MFT Pure Innocence Wyatt Builds A Snowman, Making A List
Card stock: MFT Perfect Panels, Stampin Up! Always Artichoke, Soft Sky, Tempting Turquoise, Basic Gray Figgy Designer Paper, Debbie Mumm Holiday Designer Paper
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Old Paper Dye Ink, Stampin Up! Bashful Blue
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Stipple Brushes, Primas, Glue Dots, MFT Rolled Flower Die-Namic, MFT Jumbo Scallop Die-Namic, Martha Stewart Die Cut Snowflake Ribbon, Making Memories Snowflake Charms, Silver Brads, Dimensionals, Brushed Copper Brads, Mini Pop Dots, Gem & Pearl Stickers, MS Word, Wendy Font, Printer, Ice Stickles

1 comment:

  1. oh these are both so sweet!! love the details on both- your layering and sponging is always awesome and i just love how these are popped up- the dimension rocks! LOVE em!

    ReplyDelete