Sunday, December 19, 2010

Let's Go Fly A Kite!



Remember that song from the Disney movie Mary Poppins?  I sure do so when I pulled out this cute Flopsey image from My Favorite Things, I knew what I wanted to do.  Using the song as my inspiration, I tried my best to create a park like setting for Flopsey to fly his kit just like the movie.

After stamping Flopsey onto white MFT Perfect Panels, I then colored him with Prismacolor markers.  To make my park, I pulled out several MFT Die-Namics and got to work using scraps of Stampin Up! card stock.  As I was ready to start assembling my card, I realized Flopsey was going to need to be popped up, so I stamped another image and colored it for cutting out and stippled bashful blue ink on the main image for the sky.  Pulling out some of my Jolee flower stickers and grass die cuts, I started by adding the grass first, then assembled the trees, with the sun and flowers going last.  As a last thought, I added some 7 Gypsies red felt bird brads I had gotten on clearance last summer and never used.  I just knew I would need them someday. ;)

Here are some close-ups of the details: 



Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great Sunday.






Here's the Die-Namics used:







Stamps: MFT Flopsey Flies A Kite
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Bashful Blue, Real Red
Card Stock: MFT Perfect Panels, Stampin Up! Real Red, Pacific Pointe, Close To Cocoa, Green Galore, Garden Green, Always Artichoke scraps
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Stipple Brushes, Stampin Up! Red Brads, Dimensionals, MFT Die-namics, Jolee's Grass Die Cut, Jolee's Flower Stickers, 7 Gypsies Felt Bird Brads, Glue Dots

3 comments: