Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Woodblock Wednesday April 2024 Edition

 

 
Hello and welcome.  Today I'm taking part in the Woodblock Wednesday challenge on Instagram where we're challenged to dig out, and dust off, our woodblock stamps and show them some love again.  My card this month is using a long retired set of Hero Arts Poetic Prints Collection called Patterns and Petals that I haven't even used yet.  It was still in it's original packaging.  I'm not even sure how long I've had this stamp set, but I do know it's been over a year.

I grabbed a scrap piece of Neenah white card stock and folded it to make a clean and simple slimline card.  Taking three of the stamps out, I stamped them using various Versamark inks (key lime, aquatic splach, mango madness) before stamping my anniversary saying using memento tuxedo black ink.  The only embellishments I added were a few Gin and Tonic sequins from Picket Fence Studios.  

Challenges entered:
 
 
Hero Arts
 
Colorful Options
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Hero Arts; Rubber Stampede (saying)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Versamark Key Lime, Aquatic Splash, Mango Madness
Card Stock: Neenah White Scrap
Accessories: Sequins, Glue

7 comments:

  1. I love how you combined the woodblock wednesday with the Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero challenge. Lovely slimline. Fantastic Anniversary Card Bonnie Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The oldies are always the best, and these images are beautiful. Great CAS styled card, Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge and we hope you'll share again soon.
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenges
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice CAS slimline! I got confused with you calling your ink Versamark, I was like, do they make colors? Then I looked on my VersaMAGIC ink color chart and saw the color names. I love my chalk ink dewdrops and use them a lot for ink distressing, but stamping with them gives a nice soft color. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely slime line card. Fantastic anniversary card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty gals corner this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO pretty -gorgeous color combo!! Thanks for joining us in the Stay Crafty with a Blog Named Hero Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fresh look ! Clean, simple and elegant! Thanks for joining us in the Stay Crafty with a Blog Named Hero Challenge!

    ReplyDelete