Thursday, April 18, 2024

His Eye Is On The Sparrow .......

 
...or in this case a Finch. :)   

Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share a card I made using a digital image from Sweet N Sassy Stamps entitled Gold Finch.  Now I've had this image printed for some time and just haven't used it until now thanks to health, migraine and life in general.

After printing my finch on Neenah white card stock, I colored it using both prismacolor and copic markers before layering and adding some tiny black brads.  Once that was done, I pulled out my Timeless Hymns set and stamped the song words using my MISTI before layering and adding brads as well.  I then pulled out my paper pouncers and stippled Tim Holtz wild honey, scattered straw, frayed burlap and tea dye distress inks until I was satisfied with the coverage.  Taking both layered panels, I added them to a black card base using glue dots then added a small yellow bow from my stash.  As an afterthought, I then decided to distress the layered edges so I ran a fingernail along the edges until I was satisfied.  The final embellishments are a black 3D glaze pen highlighting parts of the finch, and frame, and a couple of yellow/gold sequins to finish it off.  I'm fairly happy with how this turned out considering I made it while dealing with this migraine that will not go away.  :(  

Challenges entered:
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Sweet N Sassy Stamps
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Wild Honey, Scattered Straw, Frayed Burlap, Tea Dye Distress Inks
Card Stock: Neenah; Stampin Up
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Fingernail, Prismacolor and Copic Markers, Brads, Glue Dots, 3D Glaze Pen, Bow, Sequins, Glue, Paper Pouncers

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful image and wonderful quote, thank you so much for sharing your beautiful card at "I spy with my little eye" where we're looking for something with wings.
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful. Love those DI colors with black, it pops! xoxo

    ReplyDelete