Sunday, April 21, 2024

Some Migraine Inspired ATC's

 
Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share a few ATC's (artist trading cards) I made this last week while dealing with this migraine that won't go away using products from Gecko Galz.  Thank goodness for Gecko Galz's pre-colored images, otherwise I couldn't have pushed through with these.  I'm happy with how they all turned out but took me way too long to make.

First up is the one I made using the provided image for Gecko Galz Gothic challenge.  After printing the image onto Neenah white card stock, I cut it down to size before layering the image onto one of the backgrounds of the Creatures Of The Night (retired) ATC collection then inking the edges of the layer using a Stampin Up basic grey marker.  I then went and ran a Tim Holtz paper distresser along the edges to "age" it a bit before re-inking the edges using the marker again.  I then added some black brads before layering (again) the image panel onto another background sheet of the Creatures Of The Night ATC collection using glue dots.  Once again, I ran the basic grey marker along the edge then distressed the edges again.  After digging through my stash and adding a black cat sticker I've had for years, I found a small resin black rose and added that using glue dots.  The final touch was color spritzing the basic grey marker over the image.  

Challenges entered:
 
Never Before Used Schtuff (NBUS) #61 - Use Your NBUS (image, background paper, rose, cat)
 
Two Old Bats
 


The next ATC was inspired/made for the Gecko Galz monthly steampunk challenge again using the provided pre-colored image.  It's also printed on Neenah white card stock with the edges of the image colored using a CTMH autumn terracotta marker before layering it onto a scrap of espresso card stock.  I then added that to one of the backgrounds from the Time Flies ATC Collection, inked the edges using the marker before distressing that layer as well.  After adding some brushed metal mini brads, I then adhered the image panel to another one of the Time Flies backgrounds making sure to run the marker along the edge as well.  I then dug through my stash and found a package of Tim  Holtz sprocket gears I've had for years and hadn't finished using.  I then added a Dollar Tree© fancy clock I bought a few months back and added that using a pop up glue dot.  After adding some clear mini sequins around the butterfly, I then color spritzed the CTMH marker over the whole card. 
 
Challenges entered:
 
 
 
 
Next up is a sweet spring ATC made using the Gecko Galz My Little Chick-a-dee collage sheet.  After selecting an image and cutting it down to size, I then layered it onto a scrap of eggplant envy card stock before running a magenta marker along the edge before layering again onto a scrap of Music Man digital paper pack before adding brads.  Again I ran the marker along the edge of the layer before using my distressing tool on it and then layered twice more onto scraps of magenta and eggplant card stock.  I then made my own floral spray using both of my Martha Stewart fern/butterfly trio punches, paper crimper, and bottle of tiny magenta Prima flowers.  The final touches were some magenta bling in the butterfly and flower centers and diamond ice stickles highlighting the centers of the image flowers.

Challenges entered:
 
Snippets Playground #478 - Use Those Snippets (butterflies, fern, layers) 
 
Gecko Galz Monthly Customer Challenge
 
Gecko Galz Facebook Group
 
Triple B Challenge
 
The Four Seasons
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Gecko Galz
Card Stock: Neenah; Stampin Up; Scraps; Gecko Galz Digital Paper
Ink: none
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Brads, Primas, MS Punches, Glue Dots, Pop Up Glue Dots, Ice Stickles. Bling, Cat Sticker, Black Rose, TH Sprocket, Chipboard Clock

12 comments:

  1. These are great ATC's and fine samples for the GG images. Glad you can push through the pain, creating is such good therapy for us both. Praying the coming week is better and also praying for continued healing for your son, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creating ATCs is a favourite past time of mine. I belong to a Facebook swap and also run a little forum group. I am so pleased that you chose the gorgeous butterfly ATC for us at CD Sunday Plus. I love butterflies too. I am sorry to read that your migraines are still troubling you. I hope you get some relief soonest.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three great ATCs, thank you for sharing with us. I do hope you feel better soon. I used to suffer with migraines and know how debilitating it can be.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes for a speedy recovery from your migraine,fabulous images and projects,thank you for joining in at CD Sunday Plus

    ReplyDelete
  5. All are very creative, unique and fun!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B, The Four Seasons and Two Old Bats!
    Diane TB, FS, TOB Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Triple B}

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like all three ATCs but my favourite one is the first one even though it's not for our challenge LOL!
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely set of ATCs. Thanks for entering the 3rd one into the Snippets Playground. See you up in the Treehouse for St George's Day celebrations later! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work, these are all so unique and I love the style and colors of the butterfly ATC. Thanks for joining us as the Paper Funday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kudos for pushing through your pain to create these stunning ATC's. I hope you find relief soon. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge and we hope you'll share again soon.
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenges
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. Back to say:
    Thanks for sharing these with us!
    xox, Aimeslee CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Three ATCs that really show migraines, as I used to suffer with them I can relate to the images,
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bonnie, from one crazy cat lady to another - your ATCs are wonderful, but I particularly like the creepy one you submitted to us at Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge! I really like the distressed edges and I'm going to have to check out the Tim Holtz edge distresser thing. Thanks for sharing with us!
    Fran/DT

    ReplyDelete