Monday, April 15, 2024

This Little Light Of Mine

 

Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share with you a project made using the Lighthouse digital stamp from Sweet N Sassy Stamps.   

I started out by importing the image into a watermark program, then added the saying before printing the image onto Neenah white card stock.  Once all of that was done, I pulled out my Castle Arts watercolor pencils and got to coloring before layering and adding brads.  I then lightly stippled Tim Holtz tumbled glass distress ink around it before setting aside.  Taking a Cuttlebug© Bubbles embossing folder and my big shot©, then dry embossed the top of the card before lightly stippling Tim Holtz stormy sky distress ink over the embossed images.  I then added my layered image panel and adhered it using glue dots before adding four grey Dew Drops© to finish it off.

I'm really happy with how this turned out especially since I made it while dealing with yet another migraine.  It's gotten to the point of color/create or cry and crying hurts more than coloring.  I do know part of the migraine trigger has been the crazy weather we've had the last few weeks (BTW Mother Nature, you're drunk), another fall I had this last weekend  and the other part was stress related from my son going into severe diabetic shock and ending up in the ICU for 1 1/2 days.  Not fun.  He's home now so hopefully I can go back to just dealing with the weather.

Challenges entered:
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Sweet N Sassy
Ink: Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky
Card Stock: Neenah; Stampin Up
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Castle Arts Watercolor Pencils, Brads, Big Shot, Embossing Folder, Dew Drops, Glue Dots,, Paper Pouncer

5 comments:

  1. I love the wording on your card, and the image, so beautifully coloured. A lovely card.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Jo x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are now feeling better Bonnie. As a fellow headache sufferer I know just how you feel about trying to perhaps work through it. I love the card and sentiment. I went on to youTube to listen to the song.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carol for the encouragement.

      Delete
  3. Oh my what a time you've been having! And despite it all you've managed to make a great card. Hugs.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete