Friday, November 8, 2019

A Vintage Collage And More Never Before Used Stuff (NBUS)



Hello and welcome!  Today I am guest designing over on the Arty Divas Challenge blog!!  The project I'd like to share with you uses quite a few "virginal" items.  In other words, stuff that's never been used before.

I started out by stamping my never before used (NBUS) image on vanilla card stock in Tim Holtz chipped sapphire ink then coloring using both prismacolor and copic markers.  Once that was done, I stippled some tea dye and more chipped sapphire ink over and around the image before layering.  I then added some vintage brads before, as an after thought, distressed the bottom layer using my fingernail and a little PTI chai ink.  I then took the layered scraps and dry embossed them using a cuttlebug leafy branch embossing folder with my big shot.  Once that was finished, I stippled more tea dye ink over the embossed images before doing the same to the embossed K and Company designer paper (NBUS) on my card.  Before adding the embossed border to the card, I pulled out some decorative leaves I'd never used and added those underneath the embossed border using some scor-tape.  My layered image panel was then added to the card using pop up glue dots.  The final embellishment is a small navy blue bow.  I'm extremely happy with how this turned out since I was creating with another migraine.

Additional views:





Challenges entered:

Pammies Inky Pinkies #1944 - Anything Goes
Outlawz Festive Friday - Anything Goes
Colour Crazy Craft Week 44 - Anything Goes
Brown Sugar Challenge November - Anything Goes

Lest I forget, a HUGE thank you to my friend Sarah A for the fabulous stamp.  Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day and don't forget to visit the Arty Divas blog to participate in the current challenge or for more inspiration from the design team.


Stamps: Hampton Art Women Collage/Passport
Ink: Tim Holtz Chipped Sapphire, Tea Stain; PTI Chai
Card Stock: Stampin Up, K and Company Embossed Postage Stamps Designer Paper
Accessories: Prismacolor and Copic Markers, Brads, Stipple Brushes, Bow, Big Shot, Cuttlebug Leafy Branch Embossing Folder, Fingernail

1 comment:

  1. Many thanks for sharing your art work at
    Colour Crazy.
    Hugs, Silke

    ReplyDelete